Are you excited by big data, really big data? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of AWS services and customer data? Are you excited by using massive amounts of data to create sophisticated security analytics? Does pushing the envelope with with your team members to implement high performance user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) for security excite you? Want to help the largest global enterprises operate safely in the cloud and securely derive business value at an unprecedented scale? Your work will create the technical means that enables Amazon to grow rapidly yet securely.
This is an opportunity to operate in a truly groundbreaking manner given the sheer scale, breadth, and fast pace of the AWS environment. The Security Analytics team works backward from the threats, creating new and innovative ways to detect, assess and react to potential malicious activity.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a Software Developer with a strong passion for analytics to join its Security Analytics team.
While listed as located in Herndon, VA, this position/team will have the opportunity to move to Baltimore, MD as soon as that location is available.
You will operate at the convergence of the hottest areas in tech: Big Data, Analytics, Security, Software Development and Cloud Services. You will develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, work closely with AWS Security analytic teams and AWS threat teams to identify methodologies that are optimal security analytics. You will work with an immense amount of data generated by AWS services and other telemetry that is used to detect and mitigate security threats against all of the services offered by AWS.
You will be responsible for thinking big, setting goals, direction and priorities, delivering high-quality software, maintaining operational excellence, and leading interactions with customers and partners within the AWS organization. You will play an critical role in our ability to efficiently analyze security relevant data at the scale of AWS. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a huge impact.
* Work with work with a team of Data Scientists, Security Engineers and Software Developers to build security analytics utilizing security relevant data from AWS services and systems.
* Build solutions on AWS utilizing existing AWS products and services.
* Prototype and productize data access capabilities to enable the securing of a large cloud environment.
* Work with customers within AWS Security and with your team of engineers to develop systems that magnify our ability to deeply understand and rapidly improve AWS security.
* Work with customers, engineers and architects to develop the best analytic solutions both in terms of performance and in terms of technical merit.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.