Are you passionate about books and authors? Do you get excited by working in a high-growth, innovative, and fast-paced environment? Amazon Kindle has reinvented reading. It is changing the way people consume digital media and continues to be one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. Our Kindle Author team has a simple goal: Bring together writers and readers, give them tools, and watch them succeed.
As a developer on our team, you need to be equally comfortable writing code and defining technical architecture. You must have a deep understanding of scalable, distributed systems, service-oriented architectures. We write full-stack, solutions, with dynamic React-based web development, and application design, as well as flexibility and a passion for learning new skills. You will be expected to work in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies and bring flexibility, speed, and quality to our team. The successful candidate will thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems
Please contact us if this sounds like you:
* You are extremely technical and have significant experience developing scalable web applications, with a penchant for building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
* You are passionate about building and owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every minute of the day.
* You excel at working in agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
* You will be building and owning highly distributed and scalable products and services.
* You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers.
* You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
* You will understand our data-driven culture and how we make decisions that delight our customers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.