Are you interested in building a new service for AWS customers? Want to make a multi-million-dollar impact to our customers' bottom line and disrupt the status quo? We are a brand new team at AWS developing a new external facing service that will help customers track and analyze their data to solve some of their most critical business problems.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the team's long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
As a SDE on the team, you will:
* Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
* Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams.
* Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
* Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
* Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
* Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.