Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India . Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
Softlines Search CX and P13N team's mission is to improve customer experiences for Softlines category items and personalize the recommendations. We build mobile first features. Every page on the shopping funnel has the opportunity for recommendations that are driven with algorithms aided by regional and logistics driven algorithms and strategies. It is a great opportunity to innovate with billions of records of data for the customers. We use data mining and usability data to develop new features and test them through hundreds of A/B experiments a year. This immense amount of data challenges to create highly scalable and low latency solutions across a wide variety of categories, apparel, shoes, watches, luggage, jewelry.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You'll help analyze customer behavior, propose ideas and solutions during sprint planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the results. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have impacted millions of customers and generated millions of dollars in revenue.
You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers. You should be a well-rounded software engineer, with expertise in building large-scale web applications and/or low-latency services, optimized for performance. You should love challenges and working on large-scale, customer facing projects.
* Design, implementation, and deployment of applications that impact the business with an emphasis on regionalized algorithms, speed in recommendations, enabling basket building and e-Commerce website development.
* · Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* · Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
* · Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon's website, ecommerce and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality.
* · Work with the product managers and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
* · Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
* · Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
* · The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator.
* · He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. They would need to also balance technical leadership with savvy business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.