Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization team is for you. We build systems that peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week among Amazon's warehouses and from the warehouses to customers in the most cost-effective way. When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose where to ship from and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or earlier with the lowest possible transportation costs. This team is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the Cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
Fulfill to Promise (F2P) seeks a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software engineer to be part of a team of developers building large scale, high availability software systems using mathematical modeling, simulations and data analysis. We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. We strive to solve complex supply chain optimization problems that no one else has solved yet. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A strong candidate should understand various optimization techniques and build innovative software solutions working with the supply chain business partners in delivering a viable solution. You should enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Designing, developing, testing, troubleshooting, debugging, deploying, maintaining, documenting and delivering large-scale, highly distributed, real-time and management systems that are core to effectively managing the supply chain business.
* Using Java, object-oriented (OO) design patterns, NoSQL DBs, and data modeling techniques.
* Gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translating business requirements into technical design specifications.
* Serving as a key technical resource in the full development cycle.
* Producing comprehensive, usable software documentation.
* Recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
* Working in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
* Hiring, coaching, and mentoring individuals.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.