AmazonFresh/Prime Now seeks a Software Development Engineer to help us define the future of grocery shopping.
AmazonFresh/Prime Now are an important and rapidly growing part of Amazon's future, providing home delivery service on a broad selection of grocery items including fresh produce, locally sourced meat and seafood, dry goods, and specialty and prepared food. Our rapidly growing organization produces innovative and delightful customer experiences for AmazonFresh/Prime Now across mobile, tablet and desktop products.
You follow software best practices (especially related to performance optimization and security). Your code is production quality, organized, testable, and maintainable, with minimal defects. You understand at a high level how the code you write and the experiences you create are delivered to users (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, CDNs, app stores). You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions, seeking input and guidance from your team.
* Actively develop and maintain impactful and bar-raising services and products
* Bridge the gap between design and engineering by crafting high-quality, performant, and customer-centric user experiences
* Demonstrate leadership in front-end excellence for the Fresh/Prime Now organization
* Work collaboratively with UX designers, software engineers, domain experts, and users -- iterating on concepts that start and end with the customer.
* Design, implement, and refine prototypes for a multitude of unique and different user interfaces, inspiring action around the results.
* Create the vision for, and communicate, innovative solutions to a wide variety of user experience challenges including: mobile, desktop, and wearable devices.
* Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work.
* Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
* Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high fidelity front-end experiences that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
* Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
* Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.