Want to work for a team that enables customers across the world to shop through Amazon?
Want to embark on the journey for improving International selection using Machine Learning?
The Amazon Exports and Expansion team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to help deliver key projects for their Export Eligibility and Selection team. As a SDE, you will work closely with partners such as Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to design and develop features, systems and services that positively impact the product selection available to our international export customers. You will also monitor and resolve issues that arise from existing software. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various teams. To succeed in this position, you should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, and be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Ideally, you are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent them.
Our goal is to determine the international export eligibility of all offers in Amazon's catalog, which is key for Amazon to provide wide product selection to international customers. We enable customers from over 107 countries to purchase products on Amazon via performing export eligibility checks. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
To accomplish this, we need to build:
* Scalable features for complex business and technical problems as part of the platform.
* Machine learning models to identify products eligible for international shipment.
* Global export eligibility platform that handles Amazon's scale.
* Platform that can easily be scaled to onboard new internal clients requiring export eligibility information.
In this role you will:
* You will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with product and development teams and own the architecture and end-to-end delivery of software components.
* Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and fix production software issues based on tickets and alerts.
* Develop and improve monitoring solutions.
* Perform software maintenance and implement bug fixes.
As Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon, you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS native and cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.