The Amazon Exports and Expansion team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to help deliver key exports delivery experience improvement projects. As a SDE, you will work closely with partners such as Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to design and develop features, systems and services that positively impacts the delivery experience available to our international export customers. You will also monitor and resolve issues that arise from existing software. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various teams. To succeed in this position, you should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, and be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Ideally, you are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent them.
In this role you will:
* You will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with product and development teams and own the architecture and end-to-end delivery of software components
* Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and fix production software issues based on tickets and alerts
* Develop and improve monitoring solutions
* Perform software maintenance and implement bug fixes
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
* Product selection and order fulfillment from all of Amazon's marketplaces.
* Provide an accurate order delivery estimate and promise.
* Accurate import fee deposit estimation.
* Tailored customer experience with local language, currency, payment methods, end-to-end delivery, shipment tracking, and customs clearance.
We enable customers from over 107 countries to purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to improve this experience by making selection available across all Amazon marketplaces, so that customers can search and browse in their preferred language and currency.
To accomplish this, we need to build:
* Machine learning models to classify millions of products eligible for international shipment.
* Algorithms to optimize import duty cost.
* Global ordering platform that handles Amazon's scale.
* Platform that enables new local payment instruments and supports local currency.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.