We've already added dozens of new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Smart Home, Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more. But it's still day 1 - you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter by creating new skills and capabilities. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, scalable applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and launch of many Alexa Excellence tools and programs. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
We need creative, collaborative developers who love working with data want to challenge themselves on a small, fast-moving, diverse application engineering team who are dedicated to making Alexa developers lives easier through data. We build both fast, highly available services and clean, easy-to-use web interfaces, and we operate what we build. If you're interested in leading the charge in solving problems, building systems that scale and want a new challenge that will improve the lives of every developer at Amazon, let us know - we'd be glad to take you out for coffee and tell you about all the cool things we're going to develop in the next two years and beyond.
You are going to love this job, because you will:
* Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement.
* Work on every layer of the full system stack, from interaction with core AWS services to API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers.
* Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
* Create a new, world-class user experience using the latest in frontend UX platforms and technologies.
* Willing to relocate to Seattle
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.