Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Advertising team you'll work with a talented, passionate, and customer obsessed team. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in downtown San Francisco.
Twitch is seeking engineers with the curiosity, drive, and ingenuity to develop features and APIs that drive the advertising and promotion business. Through these systems, we give creators the control and data they need to get promoted and help Twitch distribute advertising. Our products range from industry standard advertising formats to innovative real-time experiences special to Twitch. The ideal contributor should have experience building, maintaining, and continuously delivering high quality production web services in an SOA environment. They will also be expected to work in a collaborative environment, able to interact with internal tech and business teams, external integration partners, and end users.
This is a great opportunity to have an impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
* Develop and deliver new product services and features across various client platforms
* Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch platform
* Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
* Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
* Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
* Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Elixir, Python or similar languages
* Experience developing web applications or their backend APIs
* Superb communication skills are required--you must be able to explain things to both business and technical audiences
* Familiarity with React and/or Redux
* Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch)
* Experience building or consuming GraphQL APIs
* Experience deploying Docker containers to production
* Experience with ad technologies/platforms: Google IMA/GMA SDK, DoubleClick API, Amazon Ad Exchange
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.