Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. We're creative builders solving complex business problems by engineering the newest and most innovative software in e-commerce. We move fast, build to scale, and approach each challenge with agility and creativity.
Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence represents the services which collectively collect, process, and aggregate massive data which is consumed both in real time (Kafka) and batch processing (Spark) via HDFS (Presto/Hive). We collaborate very closely with Data Science, Marketing, and other Engineering teams to create and integrate various recommendation models and machine learning algorithms into our services.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Engineering team. You aren't married to any one language; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well; Big Data and Database expertise are valuable too.
This role is located in Boston, MA and would require relocation.
An ideal candidate has:
* Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
* Large systems design and development experience using an OO language
* Functional programming and scripting skills
* Experience with SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
* Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
* Interest in big data and predictive analytics techniques or technologies (hands-on experience a plus
* Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
* Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
* Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
* AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
* Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
* Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair (formerly CSN Stores) is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.