Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Department Description: Would you like to contribute your own ideas on how to smartly develop large scale distributed Database-as-a-Service offerings for the public and private clouds? Oracle's Database development group designs and develops the Database-as-a-Service platform that drives Oracle's Database, Engineered Systems, Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle PaaS and SaaS offerings. This team is a provider of public cloud database and infrastructure management software and helps companies manage platform resources to deliver service, quality and availability, as well as workloads in private and hybrid cloud environments.
The Database Cloud Platform team is responsible for designing, developing and delivering the Oracle Database product on Public Cloud Platforms. These range from initial provisioning of customer's database and compute environment to complete life-cycle management of the customer's database instance on the Oracle Public Cloud. The Database on Public Cloud product is growing rapidly and the product features are designed to manage customer environments at a massive scale. This is a global team with locations in US and Oracle's India Development Centre (IDC) Bangalore.
Brief Posting Description: We are currently looking for highly motivated engineers with systems knowledge to work in the Database Cloud Platform Development team. This person would be involved in architecture, design, prototype and development of the various aspects of Database on Cloud releases. The position is open for our India location.
Qualifications and experience: M.E. or M.Tech (Computer Sc, Electronics or Electrical Engg)
A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 2 years in Cloud technologies
* Experience working with Cloud infrastructure APIs, REST API model, and developing REST APIs
* Strong Database Management knowledge and understanding of the Database eco-system
* Competency in programming with Java, PERL or Python
* Ability to design large, scalable systems for enterprise customers
* Concepts of multi-tenancy: DB-as-a-Service (DBaaS) or similar (PaaS, IaaS), cloud security, virtualization and Service Level Availability a strong plus
* Strong understanding of I/O characteristics and storage systems
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
Work on features for Database on Public Cloud Platforms, which includes but may not be limited to the following:
* Work closely with senior developers and architects as well as Product Management, IT and Operations teams for architecting, designing and developing Database Cloud products
* Participate in transformational projects to deliver scalable, extensible and differentiated Platform-as-a-Service on the Cloud
* Work with Oracle Compute product team to define requirements and tightly integrate DB with the Compute Platform
* Interact with various Oracle Product teams to understand how those can be integrated into the DB-as-a-Service offering
* Provide level 3 support and root cause analysis of systems related issues on the Database Cloud product
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team of engineers that design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. Will have senior project leadership role and or supervise mid level and lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.