Purpose of JobSoftware Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating in-depth technical and/or business knowledge within their respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently on complex work assignments and may determine methods and procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition, responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third party team members on escalated technical issues and analyzing and designing specifications for less experienced team members to execute.
* Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
* Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
* Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 6 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* Experience with deploying and supporting (monitoring/alerting) applications in production
* Experience with defining, tracking and reporting for SLOs & SLIs (Google SRE principles)
* Specific technologies a plus: Kafka, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Opentracing.io, Jaeger, Pact.io, ServiceNOW API integration, Cloud/AWS, Fault tolerance technologies (Hystrix | Resilience4j, Envoy), ServiceMesh (Istio), APM solutions (AppDynamics | Dynatrace | New Relic)
* Experience providing definition, leadership and guidance regarding technology standards & best practices with development teams in a large organization.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.