The Enterprise Solutions division of SSI Schaefer (located in Austin, Texas) specifies, designs, and implements software solutions for warehouse and fulfillment systems and supply chains.
The Software Developer designs and implements software solutions for enterprise Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) for use in warehouses, fulfillment and distribution centers. This position requires knowledge of various programming languages, software development tools, software architecture, operating systems, hardware and network design and databases.
Schaefer Systems International, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
* Design and implement software solutions based on software requirement specifications
* Tests software implementation against requirements
* Own responsibility for a specific area of software development within a project
* Create small scale requirement analysis and software specifications for area of responsibility
* Create software documentation for software implementation
* Actively communicate with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead about work and project status
* Actively report issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead
* Participate in team meetings on an as-needed basis
* Set-up and execute test scenarios for commissioning
* Commission software on-site
* Support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
* Troubleshoot system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level, depending on project requirements
* Support IT CSS engineers and on-site Software Support Engineers
* Effectively communicate with customers if required
* Occasionally performs installation of network or computer hardware if required by a project in the office or on-site
* Occasionally handles test product required for test scenarios on-site (Tubs, Totes, Cases etc.)
* May be required to travel internationally for training, project assignments, and commissioning
* 4-year degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work.
* 1 year of experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages in a work setting.
* 1 year of experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server).
* May be required to travel internationally for training, project assignments, and commissioning.
* Must be able to work on-call in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level.
Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.com.