ScaleFactor, a fast growing tech start up in Austin, TX is looking for Software Developers to join our growing team in our Dallas office! If you love the fast-pace and high energy of the Austin start-up scene, have a background with Ruby on Rails, EmberJS and Postgres, and have a passion for start-ups and fintech, then ScaleFactor may be a perfect career fit for you as a Software Developer. Come join a winning culture and a team that's been voted Austin's Best Place to Work & voted one of Coolest Companies in Austin.
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. We are a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses' accounting and finance needs. Our trusted experts review businesses' monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners and operators can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their most complex financial needs.
You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You have the passion and skills to create high-quality products. You are goal oriented, self-motivated, tech-savvy and possess a can-do attitude and approach. Your adaptability, resourcefulness and versatility drive results that have a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Responsibilities will vary significantly month over month, some of which will include the following day-to-day activities:
* Contribute to the design and development of product features
* Contribute to automated unit and functional test suites
* Coordinate across teams to identify and analyze product requirements
Current Tech Stack is: Rails, Ember.js, and Postgres
* 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
* Server side web framework experience such as Node.js, Ruby on Rails, etc.
* Experience writing future-focused, maintainable code
* Experience writing automated unit, functional, and integration tests
* Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres
* A love of debugging!
* BS in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred
* Experience with Ruby on Rails, EmberJS, or PostgreSQL
* Experience with Amazon Web Services
* Come work at one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
* Competitive salary based on experience
* Health, dental, and vision benefits package
* Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
* Stock options
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
* Your resume highlighting skills and credentials required for this position
ScaleFactor is a company developing finance software.