GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, the Software Developer will be using electrophysiological recordings in combination with anatomical and functional MRI to understand the functions of the healthy brain and how they are altered in neurological and psychiatric diseases. Our ultimate goal is to capitalize on the insights from our basic and clinical research to develop new methods and tools to be applied in clinical practice.
The software developer will work in an NIH-funded project which aim is to develop a device-independent and real-time capable software (MNE CE) (www.mne-cpp.org) to acquire, analyze, and integrate EEG, MEG, ECoG, and stereotactic EEG (SEEG) data.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop a device-independent and real-time capable software (MNE CE) (www.mne-cpp.org) to acquire, analyze, and integrate EEG, MEG, ECoG, and stereotactic EEG (SEEG) data. To provide immediate feedback to clinicians, enabling them to use this information for improving diagnosis and surgical management of epilepsy.
* Work with other members of the team to develop new components for MNE-CE.
* Will be assigned specific tasks to implement software modules to meet the decided software requirements
* Will develop unit level tests and documentation.
* Participate in the deployment of the software to the two test sites (Boston Children's Hospital and University of Houston Health).
* Organize the feedback received, which, together with the new requirements, forms the basis of the next development cycle.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Strong C programming skills are required and experience in using the Qt toolkit is desirable.
* Familiarity with the LINUX, Windows, and/or Mac OSX operating systems is required.
* Candidates need to be able to work in a modern software development environment and be familiar with controlled software development processes for future FDA compliance.
* A successful candidate can work in a dynamic, international, and collaborative work environment.
* He/She will gain experience in recording and analyzing electrophysiological data, working with state-of-the-art brain mapping technologies as well as engaging in top level research.
* Familiarity with MEG/EEG and MRI analysis software packages, MNE and FreeSurfer is also beneficial.
This work will be conducted in a normal office environment. Desktop LINUX workstations will be used in the development. Day to day operations are performed at the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study/Additional Specialized Training: Undergraduate degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, or related filed.
Required: 2 years of experience
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.