Work collaboratively with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers in building capabilities that enable our customers to make a difference. Develop and deploy robust technology that is powered by Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud scale architectures. Join our team of exceptional software developers where you'll design and build next-generation real-time and big data capabilities for enterprise and cloud users worldwide.
* Build micro-service components that, when combined, power Esri's real-time and big data capabilities
* Design and build software components that seamlessly run on-premise and on cloud platforms
* Work collaboratively with other team members within an agile software development process
* Participate in technical spike efforts, bringing new innovative ideas to future versions of our software
* Demonstrate latest product capabilities to stakeholders, prospects, and customers
* A solid foundation in software development, with strong competencies in data structures, patterns, and design
* Programming experience with Scala or the Java platform and familiarity with enterprise integration patterns
* Good understanding of and experience with cloud computing platforms including Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2
* Working knowledge of a source control and issue management system, preferably GitHub
* Bachelor's or master's in computer science, computer engineering, or data science, depending on position level
* Familiarity with how to build reactive applications using Scala, the Play framework, and Akka
* Experience leveraging streaming data using Apache Kafka and Spark Streaming
* Working knowledge of Apache Spark including streaming and machine learning using MLlib
* Previous experience applying machine learning using Spark MLlib, Azure ML, Amazon ML, and/or Scikit-learn
* Experience with Elasticsearch and cloud native storage solutions such as Azure CosmosDB, Amazon DynamoDB
* Working knowledge of container technologies including Docker and the Open Container Initiative (OCI)
* Familiarity with Mesosphere DC/OS, Mesos, Marathon, and Metronome, or Kubernetes
* Knowledge of Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utility industries.