Unity's Platform Foundation team looks to solve complex inter-platform engine challenges and keep Unity running across 24 different platforms including consoles, desktop, mobile and VR devices. Think you can help us craft high quality and high-performance tools? Can you work with other developers to create efficient tests for low-level code, maybe even implement some fixes yourself? Do you like moving fast, but making sure we catch things before they break? You have probably tinkered with game engines or other large projects.
You have a knack for always running into corner cases in APIs, or finding issues in things that should "just work." You know the importance of writing maintainable and well-tested code, as well as the pain if you don't plan for testing from the beginning. Do you want to put those skills to use in creating tools for the next million developers?
You have looked at the right job.
* Work as a member of the development team with a focus on improving our suite of unit, functional, and performance tests
* Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
* Design and implement performance testing and measurement reports
* Help the team to constantly improve the product quality over time by sharing good practices and habits
* Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
What you Bring to Unity:
* C# and C++ skills
* Experience as automation specialist developing and executing testing plans for low-level code systems on large complex software projects.
* Cross-platform development experience, including desktop and mobile
* Passion for performance, code analysis, and debugging tools
* Excellent communication skills
* Continuous Integration/Continuous Development tools experience
* Public API design experience
* Awareness of low-level OS architecture
* Software security testing experience
* Console development experience
* Experience working with VM's
* Familiarity with game systems
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is a computer software company that offers end-to-end development platform for creating 2D, 3D, VR, and AR games and apps.