Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Service Cloud is an industry leading Cloud-based Web, Social and Contact Center Solution. We serve eight million customers and two billion transactions per month. We boast of some of the largest companies like LinkedIn and American Express as our customers. The Oracle RightNow Cloud Service development team is looking for a high energy, team-oriented individual to join this highly skilled and motivated team in driving the design and build of an exciting additional offering.
For more information about Oracle Service Cloud please see:
Essential skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Background
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields
* Seasoned software developer with 5 in software development and proficient in Java/C or similar/related technologies and can write high quality code.
* Ready to work in a fast-changing environment, can deal with ambiguity and willing to raise the bar
* Strong analytical and programming skills
* Ability to lead/drive smaller work items or larger projects through to completion and consistently meet milestones and deadlines for the team
* Write automated unit and acceptance tests and champion TDD and ATDD best practices
* Participate in design and code reviews
* Work closely with other Scrum teams when implementing features spanning multiple teams
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Background
* Extensive experience MySQL or another relational database.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical concepts to non- technical individuals.
* Demonstrated ability to complete a project through a development process, including: requirements gathering and detailed design
* Experience of working on Cloud platform
* Experience with Kafka
* Experience with microservices development
* Experience working with large-scale systems
* Previous work experience on Agile/Scrum teams
* Technical lead experience on a project or team
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.