The Leidos/Reveal operation is a recognized leader in the development of threat detection products and services. Our flagship explosives detection system is deployed around the globe to safeguard a diverse and growing number of people, places and transportation systems every day. Leidos/Reveal has built an outstanding reputation while becoming a trusted partner by collaborating closely with our customers to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions that consistently exceed their expectations. It is Leidos/Reveal's talented workforce, where teamwork, individual contributions and innovation are all highly valued, that has achieved these accomplishments.
Leidos/Reveal has an immediate opening for a talented Software Developer in Vista, CA to work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection and avionic detection systems for the Security and Transportation Technology business unit.
Travel: Must be willing to travel abroad. If travel is necessary, typically will be
* Design, develop, test, and maintain Windows client-server and at times embedded applications using C# and C++.
* Develop software following the company's Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products.
* Interact with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements.
* Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable.
* Use TDD to ensure the code base is tested and to enable refactoring in the future.
* Be proactive in leading group design discussions and/or grabbing another developer to pair program on non-trivial features/code.
* Report project status and issues to management as required.
* Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills.
Required Experience & Education:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related with 5+ years overall programming experience, 3 years of which are product development experience in 'C', 'C"++, C#, or Java. High school diploma with an additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Must have strong object oriented design skills (OOD).
* Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices.
* Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation.
* Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills.
* Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment.
* Must be willing to travel abroad.
* Experience with Agile SW practices, particularly TDD.
* Familiarity with OO design patterns, design of loosely coupled extensible architectures.
* Experience identifying code smells and utilizing refactoring techniques to reduce entropy in the code base.
* Experience with a documented form of design such as UML.
* Experience with revision control (e.g. TFS) and Agile software process experience (e.g. SCRUM).
* Software Development, Multi-threading, TCP/IP networking, bus architectures, Web Services, Visual Studio, 'C', C#/.NET, ADO.NET and SQL Server, interfacing with real-time/embedded systems, image processing.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.