We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in developing unmanned and autonomous ships for the US Government. The candidate will help design, code, and test software as part of a Scrum team in Arlington, VA, and will assist in coaching and mentoring junior and mid-level developers. Joining other senior developers, the candidate will help to guide projects of significant national importance. Our team of over thirty developers supports a variety of projects, making existing ships operate autonomously as well as designing and building new ships. Our software handles ship automation, autonomous navigation, sensor processing, and communications. The team also develops simulations to be used for verification and software testing.
* Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
* Participate in the full software development lifecycle
* Serve as technical lead for small projects and mentor other engineers.
* Perform peer reviews of software
* Collaborate with the continuous process improvement to help the team improve
* Assist with evaluating field tests
* A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field plus 4+ years of software development, at least 2+ using Linux and C++
* Significant experience working in a team environment, including experience providing guidance and coaching to other developers
* Experience designing complex systems, taking into account performance and user requirements
* Exposure to one or more of the following: high availability, sensor fusion, target tracking, path planning, communications systems, or military systems integration
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
* Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite
* Familiarity with automated build processes (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
* Familiarity with game theory, artificial intelligence, petri nets, safety critical software
* Demonstrable problem solving skills
* Active Secret Security Clearance preferred
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.