U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to join our outstanding team in Arlington, VA. Our world-class team works with a broad range of Government agencies to solve exciting, technically challenging problems of national importance.
We offer an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through support for publications and participation in leading research conferences, training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in an agile development environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Design and implementation of signal processing algorithms for real-time systems.
* Design and implementation of user interfaces for data visualization.
* Design and implementation of parsers for structured binary data.
* Design and implementation of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications for data migration within databases.
* Software requirements development.
* Working with a team in a professional software development environment.
* Interface to Program Management for coordination of software development tasks.
* Carrying out audits to ensure compliance with DISA STIGs
* Laboratory testing and field deployments, which may include occasional travel, domestic and international.
Minimum Education & Experience:
* BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant technical field and 0 to 2 years work experience.
* Strong background in C/C++, Java, and object-oriented design.
* Solid Physics background, preferably with experience in the underwater acoustics domain.
* Comfortable working within Windows and Linux (RHEL) environments including knowledge of the Linux command-line and shell scripts.
* US citizenship is required along with a willingness to apply for a US Government Security clearance.
* Active Security clearance is desired.
* 2 to 4 years of software engineering experience.
* Familiarity or experience with Python or Matlab.
* Familiarity, academic or commercial, working with relational databases (SQL).
* Familiarity with version control (SVN or GIT) basics.
* Familiarity with basic signal processing techniques or experience with the Intel Performance Primitives (IPP) library.
* Ability to meet assigned budgets and schedules.
* Experience working with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
138878BR 138878 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
VA - Rosslyn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.