We are looking for an extraordinary Software Developer in Xbox Live Community to help us build the cloud services that will make Xbox Live the best community for everyone. In this role, you will join a hardworking group of engineers building the services power social experiences for gamers on consoles, mobile devices, and the web.
There are millions of gamers simultaneously connecting to Xbox Live every day. You will be part of a great team delivering several of the most performance-critical services while innovating on the next generation of cross-platform gaming experiences in Xbox. If you are sincerely excited to build the high-scale, high-performance distributed systems that power Xbox, then you've come to the right place.
Xbox Live is an outstanding place to work - for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
* 5+ years of professional software development experience.
* Authentic customer obsession, and a love for delivering delightful consumer experiences.
* Strong problem solving and debugging skills associated with production cloud services.
* Sincere love for the product and seeks out opportunity to ideate and follow through with execution.
* BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science preferred but not required.
* Experience in cloud computing and distributed systems.
* Experience with integrating services with different client side architectures, caching, experimentation etc.
* Familiarity with Gaming, Messaging and Social Network domains.
* A strong performance history.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, develop, and test low-latency, scalable services used by millions of excited customers.
* Chip in to and learn from a wider community of developers at Xbox to innovate and craft excellent services for our customers.
* Integrate and solve cloud services used in numerous customer experiences across multiple platforms.
* As a product innovator, you will ideate, scope, and drive implementation and validation.
We do not have a fixed list of requirements. You deeply understand what excites our existing users and what motivates new users to join our gaming community. You are excited for the end to end experience. You implement fast, flight to a target set of users, collect data from real users, iterate, pivot and repeat - this is the DNA of our development culture.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.