Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's Subscriptions and Payments team is seeking a passionate Software Developer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our Technology Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation at Hulu, you will develop scalable testing strategies, and build the tools and tests that improve the efficiency of the team and ensure the health of our product. You will mentor team members on how to contribute towards building and maintaining a robust and state of the art test automation harness. If you are someone who is passionate about engineering solutions that multiple tech teams would use to move faster, then this is the right role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Design and build tooling, scalable and maintainable test infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
* Partner with various product and engineering teams to develop system test automation and infrastructure for site and back-end service teams
* Introduce effective quality methodologies and improve existing test automation
* Mentor QA Engineers on the team to ramp up on automation concepts and contribute towards expanding test coverage
* Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch reoccurring bugs
WHAT TO BRING
* B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
* Minimum of 3 years hands-on software development experience in an SDET role
* Experience in developing test strategies, architecting test frameworks and testing tools to support test automation
* Strong programming skills in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, C#, Python, or Scala
* Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, BDD frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot Framework, or similar tools
* Experience in front-end automation test tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, etc.) and cross-browser testing (e.g. Sauce Labs)
* Experience with back-end test automation frameworks (e.g. REST Assured, Karate, pytest, etc.)
* Experience implementing virtual/stub services and mock objects
* Integration with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
* Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
* Ability and desire to technically mentor junior team members
* Strong communication and collaboration with product owners and software engineers to produce quality work
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.