OverviewApply your remote sensing and software development education and experience to help us build and deploy Esri technologies in the defense and intelligence communities. In this role, you will work with software development leads in designing, creating, and engineering software for defense, intelligence, security, military, and other remote sensing users. This is an exciting opportunity to focus your development skills on EO imagery to include MS and HSI, RADAR, LiDAR, full motion video, and other remotely sensed data and information. Your work will focus on an analytical capability that will further the efficacy of remote sensing in a GIS. Responsibilities:
* Understand U.S. DoD and intelligence community user requirements and develop appropriate GIS and remote sensing software for various defense and intelligence scenarios
* Develop rich image processing and analysis capabilities for multiple modalities including EO MS and HSI, TIR, radar, and motion imagery
* Develop industry leading software for NTM (National Technical Means) products and common defense and intelligence formats such as NITF, TFRD, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
* Develop advanced image processing components, algorithms, and APIs
* Develop advanced radiometric image processing, photogrammetric software components, workflows, and user experiences
* Collaborate with software developers to integrate community toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP)
* Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and great user experiences
* Minimum of 5-10 years of C/C++ or advanced C#/.NET software development programming
* Significant experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
* Familiarity with the NITF and TFRD format and specifications
* 5+ years of development experience with high performance imagery applications
* 5+ years of software development experience working on COTS or GOTS software
* Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
* U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Top Secret clearance with SCI access
* Bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. in computer science, geography, engineering, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field
* Experience developing using Esri APIs
* Active U.S. Top Secret clearance
* Experience with ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) develops GIS and mapping software for organizations in commercial, government, natural resources, and utilities industries.