Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Software Developer III
Job Requisition Number: RC167533
Category: Information Technology
Irving, Texas 75063
Under limited supervision, analyze and develop system requirements, program specifications and code/unit test to meet business requirements/specifications for large projects. Develop or contribute to deliverables for additional levels of testing and support test execution including system level and Integration tests. Frequently leads large projects. Resolve production problems of medium to high complexity. Provides guidance to those in less senior positions. The incumbents of this position are expected to perform all other related duties as assigned. Provide technical leadership for large scale development efforts. Ability to collaborate with business partners and various IT teams to design and deliver enterprise level solutions. Knowledge and experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle and release management in SAFe Agile, and Waterfall methodologies.
* Experience building responsive and adaptive client applications and components, personalization, globalization, client level security/vulnerability protection, analytics, integrating with APIs, supporting browser/mobile-web applications.
* Knowledge and experience working on SAFe/Agile programs using the Scrum method.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to non-technical and technical audiences.
* Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills.
Additional preferred skills:
* Experience defining, implementing, and maintaining a DevOps culture while executing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
* Knowledge of Cloud-native principles.
* Experience in "full stack" development which includes development, integration, deployment, and automated testing strategies.
* Experience coordinating projects across multiple teams/organizations/locales including providing technical leadership for offshore vendor resources.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to prepare and present project updates to business partners and Management.
* Some travel required.
Domicile: Irving, TX
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Requires five (5) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirements.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on July 16. 2019, to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
* FORTUNE "World's Most Admired Companies" - 2016
* Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens" - 2016
* InformationWeek "Elite 100" - 2016
* Women's Business Enterprise National Council "America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises" - 2016
* Reputation Institute "World's Most Reputable Companies" - 2015
* Black Enterprise "40 Best Companies For Diversity" - 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click 'Apply' and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.