Redfin (Nasdaq: RDFN) is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
The Home Services engineering team-based out of our newest engineering site in Frisco, TX-builds all of the software used to renovate and prepare homes before we list them on the market. Your mission will be to enable our new businesses that rely on renovations, such as our instant offer business RedfinNow, to expand aggressively and operate efficiently and with high quality. This team is building a lot of new software from the ground up, including:
* Mobile applications that let our field staff scope and complete tasks needed to renovate homes
* Desktop web software for efficiently scheduling and monitoring projects; managing vendors to let them focus on their work; and tracking payments to keep our costs down
* Intelligent workflow management to ensure efficient handoffs
* Design and build technical solutions that address complex business requirements to help streamline processes for managing multiple parties, phone calls, spreadsheets, inventory, payments and calendars
* Collaborate with your teammates by reviewing code, writing documentation, refining best practices, and helping our team ship high-quality features
* Participate in multi-person and multi-team technical projects from initial design to national launch, identifying pitfalls and incorporating user feedback along the way
* Build the team by interviewing candidates and mentoring new developers
Skills & Experience
* Full-stack experience: 2+ years of experience as a software developer, working on both front and back-end features. Java, React Native, SQL, or ReactJS experience a plus
* A proven track record: you've driven projects to completion and can speak to the impact for the business or the customer
* Customer empathy: you are a "voice of the customer" and understand how your projects affect user experience
* Effective written and verbal technical communication: you can collaborate across distances, and when you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas
What We Offer
* A mission that matters. We serve 40 states including Washington DC and closed $60 billion+ in home sales as of 2017!
* Far more responsibility than at a big company, but at the same time far less stress than you will find in a small startup
* Daily releases so you can see the fruits of your labor delivered to users quickly, and you can see the impact as we hear back from customers, agents, bloggers, and national media
* A management team that will inspire you with their heart and soul, and teach you how to build successful startups yourself
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
* Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.