ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
* Accountable for application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development life-cycle phases from concept and design to testing.
* Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
* Performs hands-on coding and assists in the architecting web content solutions.
* May serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
* Provides technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
* Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
* Participate in design and technical meetings
* 3-7 years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
* Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology
* Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures
* Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
* Solid experience and understanding in the following technologies and tools: Pentaho, Informatica, Databases, AWS Services, Continuous Integration
* Prior experience with data migration and ETL
* Must have passion for development and latest technologies
* Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.