MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
The IBD Engineering is responsible for development and support of systems used by the flagship Investment Banking Division to execute M&A and financing companies through debt and equity offerings such as Bond New Issuances and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). These applications span all parts of the business flow - CRM, document management, deal origination, marketing, order entry by Sales (book building), electronic exchange of orders with other banks, allocation/pricing, trade booking, settlement & reporting. The team also provides powerful analytics and insights directly to clients on the firm's Marquee digital platform. The team is currently based in New York, London and Bangalore, and work closely with business users globally in eliciting end-user requirements all the way through to analysis, design, implementation and rollout of new solutions. The team is closely aligned to the business unit it supports having considerable interaction with Front Office Bankers, CFOs, Syndicate Desk, sales professionals, middle-office and back-office Operations staff. The nature of the global business lends itself to high-profile transactions and visibility within the organization.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for exceptional people who:
* Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
* Are enthusiastic and willing to learn
* Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
* Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
* Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
* Capable of driving and managing communications with business, during critical escalations.
* Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
* Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
* Mentor new Developers joining the team, while promoting knowledge building and sharing across regions.
* Proven track record of quality code delivery and ability to self-run with projects (when required).
* Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
* Strong frontend development experience
* Strong Java software development experience - with a focus on Java 8 & 9
* Experience with React, Redux, Typescript, SASS
* Experience with NoSql databases - ideally with MongoDB
* Experience implementing REST apis - ideally with JAX-RS, Dropwizard
* Experience implementing unit tests
* Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
* Strong development, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to excel in a global team
* Experience working in a global development setup under an agile development model.
* Excellent communication skills and experience working with a globally distributed team
* Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
* Experience with Reactive Programming - RxJava, RxJS
* Experience developing applications in fintech or established financial institutions
* Experience with microservice architectures
* Experience developing systems that can scale to large amounts of data
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.