United States of America - Maryland, Germantown
* Works under direct supervision.
* Must have the aptitude and ability to translate existing IT understanding to the company's model of software development.
* Follows documented software development standards and approaches.
* Follows the defined visual style of the application.
* Develops solutions based upon a defined specification and test plan.
* Develops software solutions that operate against relational databases including:
* Relational / object mapping
* Screen creation
* Report development
* Participates in department code reviews.
* Performs unit testing of their work.
* Completes work based upon the project schedule.
* Works with the quality assurance tester to resolve any problems.
* Participates in team design meetings.
* Assists in the response to Helpdesk ticket support requests.
* Trains, adheres and learns from peers within the organization.
* Assigned tasks are of low complexity.
* Knows or learns to use the tools required for the job assignment
* BS Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
* Ability to translate and develop final application prototypes into production-ready code
* Knowledge of relational databases including SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL and other open source tool sets
* Proven ability to work in a team environment. Collaborate with other developers, testers, managers and clients (internal and external).
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Position requires attention to detail and the ability to quality check all deliverables for internal and external clients. Successful candidate must be a team player, committed to meeting team and client schedules, and able to work productively on several high-profile projects at once.
* Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
* Experience with PHP and knowledge of open source data analysis and content management tools
* Familiarity with SharePoint development and implementation
* Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
* Familiarity with iOS and/or Android application development
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Information Technology
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 215018BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.