The primary role of the Software Developer will be to design and build cutting edge user experiences for our consumer facing HTML5 based applications - including rich and highly performing user interfaces running in browsers and smart TVs. The Software Developer will work closely with product owners, UX designers, front end and back end developers to help build the next generation consumer video delivery platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and maintain HTML5 based user experiences for the OTT web and smart TVs.
* Ensure appropriate coverage of unit and functional test across the frontend and middle tier.
* Continually improve key performance metrics related to user experience including application load times, video start up times, and navigation speed.
* Participate in architectural discussions and daily code reviews
* Collaborate with the broader Digital Platforms team including the leadership team, quality assurance professionals, designers, business analysts and other software engineers in an open, creative environment.
* BS in CS or similar discipline with 3-5 years of full stack development experience
* Experience building consumer-facing applications.
* Unit testing experience using Mocha/Jasmine/PhantomJS or similar testing frameworks.
* Solid level understanding of web architectures, including Oauth integrations, caching layers, and web protocols
* Capable in a formal team development setting using Git flow methodology.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.