SDE, Multi-lingual Ad Technologies and International Expansion
When done correctly, advertising allows customers to discover new products they love and brands to find new customers. Revenues generated from advertising allow us to decrease costs for our customers: save $20 when you buy a Kindle with ads customized for you. It's a win for our customers, a win for our advertisers and a win for Amazon. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
Multi Lingual Ad Technologies (M-LAT) team builds platform and tools to help our diverse group of advertisers quickly create multi-lingual Ad campaigns and Store fronts that enable them to reach a global audience both on and off Amazon websites. Our bold vision is to enable advertisers to create and launch global Ad campaigns in the time it takes a barista to make a coffee. This system will cover entire spectrum of Amazon's Advertising products and offerings. In this role, you will build a multi-channel and multi-lingual Ad builder system that connects technology, data, machine learning, human translators and marketing assets to deliver the best in class experience to our advertisers. You will use ideas from every facet of computer science including distributed computing, large-scale design, big and real-time data processing, data storage, service oriented architecture, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for folks with solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills, expertise with systems programming, high-performance applications, distributed systems or service design is a plus. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
* Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries.
* Team obsessed: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You foster the creative atmosphere to let engineers innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
* Humbitious: You're ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement and use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar for your team.
* Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
* Own technical vision and direction: You identify problems and develop solutions; you embrace performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
* Collaborate on product direction: You'll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Product, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product for customers.
* Own your own shop: Our products reach hundreds of millions of customers around the world. We run operations 24x7x365 and the services your team delivers must meet high standards for operational excellence. Our teams own and operate the systems we build.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.