Job ID#: 22927BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Software Developer- DirectX / OpenGL Graphics
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a DirectX / OpenGL Graphics Software Developer, specifically for Graphics Interfaces, to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division, directly supporting the CA Cockpit Software Engineering group, here in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo / Poway). This team creates and releases all of the software for GA-ASI: Mission Systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Determines approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
* Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
* Develops graphics designs and algorithms to extend existing in-house framework.
* Assists in the creation of the next generation of RPA/UAV and sensor graphics interfaces.
* Works with experts in the field of 3D maps and stunning graphics engines.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a Bachelor's degree, four or more years of experience with a Master's degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
* Must have previous experience developing graphics designs and algorithms to extend existing in-house framework.
* Must have experience with DirectX11.
* Other tools/skills desired: 3D application development, C++, performance minded, Understanding in 3DPipelines, Object Oriented, OpenCL, Cuda. C# and WPF.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret