Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Would you like to be part of team that focuses on delivering Analytics and AI driven cloud-based application development tools? Are you passionate about building platform that enables data driven experiences for developers? If yes, come join our team. We are looking for highly motivated, innovative software engineers to join our start-up team.
About the team
Oracle Application Developer Tools group provides suite of cloud-based application development tools and software development environment as a SaaS/PaaS infrastructure. With Oracle Visual Builder, developers can rapidly create no code or low code highly engaging Web and Mobile apps directly from the browser using a visual browser-based development environment. Oracle Developer Cloud Service (DevCS) is a cloud-based software development Platform as a Service (PaaS) and a hosted environment for your application development infrastructure. It provides an open source standards-based solution to plan, develop, collaborate, build, and deploy applications within Oracle Cloud. Oracle Search Cloud, a scalable, multi-tenant search solution that will enable Oracle PaaS and SaaS cloud offerings with highly-responsive, full-text search capabilities.
You will work in a team of applied scientists and developers who are responsible for all stages of development life-cycle. You are expected to own high-level vision, architecture, design and implementations to deliver high-quality features and services. You are expected to work across teams in a highly collaborative environment. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, participate in design/code reviews and mentor others on the team.
* Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, related fields
* 8 years of software development experience in Java, C , C# or any object-oriented programming language
* Ability to learn quickly, passion for driving for results and strong customer empathy
* Deep understanding of data structures, designing algorithms, programming patterns and solving complex issues
* Experience in recommendation systems, natural language processing, machine learning
* Experience with large scale streaming or batch processing, data mining, telemetry, log search and data analytics is a big bonus
* Hands on experience in Big data processing such as Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, HBase, Hive, NoSQL, etc.
* Familiarity with API based and micro-services based data delivery
* Proficiency with Python, R, Tensorflow, Jupyter, Tableau, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.