Job ID#: 23270BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Software Developer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to support our Programs Software Group in San Diego, CA.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development and/or modification of enterprise-wide end-user, system level, data management, and Artificial Intelligence software applications. Guides the successful completion of a program(s) and may function in a project leadership role. Formulates plans, typically long term, for application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; and responsible for planning/overseeing documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle, represents the company as the prime technical contact on contracts and/or projects, and interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Determine technical objectives for user requirements and specifications and plan for enterprise software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development encompasses end-user, system level, data management, and Artificial Intelligence applications.
* Formulate plans, design, development and implementation of software solutions including language, coding, platform, resource requirements, testing, and documentation.
* Plan and coordinate deployment of enterprise applications including cross-platform compliance.
* Plan and coordinate the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging, maintenance, and updating to ensure viability in an evolving environment.
* Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology, including Artificial Intelligence.
* May function in a leadership role for a project and/or program and provide direction and guidance to less experienced developers or team of developers.
* Represent the organization as a prime technical contact for the project and/or program with the software developer group, customer, and management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers. Assist in the development of additional sources of revenue.
* Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a Master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
* Must have an extensive expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate extensive technical expertise and application of programming and analysis concepts.
* Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
* Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
* Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems.
* Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes