Mufg In The Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation program to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: compliance, growth, business agility, client experience, and collaboration. The program is structured into four primary pillars, each focused on a critical outcome necessary to meet the transformation objectives: a) core banking transformation; b) data strategy & governance; c) technology modernization; and d) agile transformation.
As we begin implementation of this ambitious initiative, we are creating a Transformation Program Office (TPO) with senior leaders representing the business, technology, and program management to oversee the program. The mandate of the new TPO is to act as the 'nerve center' that cuts across our three transformation pillars, ensures coordination of efforts, and enables rapid issue escalation and resolution. To achieve this, the TPO will work closely with the leaders of our transformation pillars, business lines, and corporate functions as they build their teams. The TPO will develop a new operating rhythm, characterized by:
* An agile cadence, with regular meetings, rapid decision-making, and frequent iteration
* A "challenge" mindset that collectively pushes us as a team
* A sense of urgency to drive change quickly (and seek "how to" vs. "why not")
* Prioritization of efforts that matter
* A focus on execution excellence
The transformation program office is seeking a tooling and visualization developer to join the technology team within the TPO. The tooling and visualization developer applies their software development and automation abilities to develop, implement, and refine frameworks and processes used to manage the transformation program in the pursuit of elegance, simplicity, and accuracy.
* Working closely with the transformation leadership team, design and implement automated program management processes, building upon industry standard tools and techniques to track planning, execution, issues, risks, and overall status
* Propagate agile-oriented program management and product development techniques throughout the program in partnership with the MUFG agile practice center
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
* 3 years' experience as part of an agile software development team within a high integrity, and/or regulated environment (government, healthcare, financial sectors, etc)
* Ability to stitch best of breed tools together in a practical manner to solve business problems, embracing the security (confidentiality, integrity, availability) and complexity challenges that may arise
* Expertise in one or more industry standard product development management tools: JIRA, Aha!, Trello, Github, Gitlab, or other equivalent
* Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the correct path given limited guidance
* Interest in adapting to new technologies
* Strong communication & presentation skills
* Comfortable working primarily with non-technologists
* Experience with reporting and data visualization/analysis tools (such as Tableau)
* Often the "go to" person for the hard technical workflow questions that others avoid
* Experience developing automation within the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Project & Excel
* Versed in the application of a formalized/rigorous project management methodologies
* Innate interest in visualization to convey complicated concepts and datasets clearly
* Demonstrated innovation, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.