Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a software developer to work on an exciting project for out JPL/NASA customer.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Software development team for a planetary mission. The candidate will take part in software engineering activities associated with the delivery of embedded software products for large-scale project.
The software engineer will work under a lead software engineer to understand the required capabilities of the functional area to determine the software approach for the development. This work includes software level peer reviews, and will also include formal testing of peer-developed capabilities.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Work with a multiple level of project teammates to understand requirements for specified modules and develop a design approach for the modules
* Provide requirements feedback and functional specification feedback to systems engineers
* Develop and review implementation approaches
* Develop associated software code following the project coding guidelines process requirements
* Develop, execute and analyze unit tests verifying satisfaction of module requirements, proper implementation of interfaces, and code coverage
* Create sandbox builds of the module integrated with other modules and execute using a simulated spacecraft environment in both workstation and hardware in the loop testbeds
* Evaluate results and support project verification and validation
* Participate in peer reviews
* Provide post-delivery maintenance and problem investigation of developed modules
* Support implementation of software change requests
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or computer related engineering field with a minimum 6 years of recent related experience
* Six years of software engineering with 4 years of recent real-time embedded test and or simulation software experience
* Recent background in software development with specific recent experience in the following languages and operating systems: C/C++ (proficient), Linux, WindRiver VxWorks and/or GreenHills Integrity RTOS
* Recent experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
* Knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications
* Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment
* Strong C/C++ programming skills
* Aerospace automated test and simulation experience is strongly preferred
* Experience debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes
* Recent experience with device driver development and software/hardware interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware
* Familiarity with Python
The work is required to be performed in Pasadena, CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
134358 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.