L3 Adaptive Methods is looking for a Software Developer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing small and large capabilities that contribute to multiple software projects in Maritime Systems. This involves hands-on experience in developing Java in a Linux and/or Windows environment. Tasking ranges from individual contributor to working as a part of a geographically distributed team. You will be able to communicate about technical solutions with project management and the rest of the development team, utilizing good verbal and written communications skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
* Responsible for collaborating on all aspects of the software development lifecycle, working with Technical Leads, Systems Engineers and QA in an agile development environment.
* Participate in code reviews, collaborate on requirements, design documentation and test plans as part of the overall software design and development process.
* Prepare documentation and contribute to user manuals and Help Files, test and debug software capabilities and applications, and summarize designs and create design diagrams for software under development all while utilizing work item tracking software to track overall progress.
* Must be a quick learner, a great problem-solver, self-motivated, self-directed, and able to collaborate with team members.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment.
* Must be able to work closely with our development team as well as our industry partners for software integration and testing events.
* Travel is an integral part of this position, which can be as high as 10% as demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math). * Must have 0-4 years of experience in a similar capacity. * Java experience in Linux and/or Windows environment. * Good grasp of software engineering principles and design patterns. * Strong desire to learn technical and design skills. * Passion for software development. * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. * Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Visio. * Familiarity with the software development life cycle. * Must be able to adapt in a quick paced and distributed work environment. * Ability to manage work schedules to ensure deliverables are met on time with high quality. * Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary product teams. * Ability to work with leadership to identify risks related to tasking. * Ability to effectively track and communicate progress toward key goals and milestones. * Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US SECRET clearance.
DESIRABLE JOB SKILLS:
* Python experience.
* Familiarity with oceanography pertaining to underwater acoustics.
* Active SECRET clearance.
If you are interested in applying for employment with L3 Adaptive Methods and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department.
Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to sensitive information.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
L3 Adaptive Methods, www.adaptivemethods.com, is a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Technologies headquartered in Virginia with offices in Maryland, Florida, Rhode Island and Washington. We are a developer of advanced sensor processing and computing architecture products for surveillance, security and military combat systems. In partnership with the federal government, we address critical U.S. Navy Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) needs.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.