The Software Developer role reports to the Manager of Application Development. This role is dedicated to the development, support and integration of business applications across the Impac Mortgage Corp enterprise. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing high quality, scalable solutions. S/he will collaborate closely with vendors, users, and cross functional business partners to develop enhancements, build integrations, troubleshoot and resolve defects related to the Loan Origination System and related platforms.
* Develop high quality code within company standards and development guidelines
* Complete project responsibilities including design, coding, unit testing and documentation Execute the development of projects, enhancements and maintenance with your team
* Work closely with a variety of internal departments to further enhance our Loan Origination System and other business applications
* Initialize and maintain company and user setups, personas and roles.
* Support the Application Support team by troubleshooting and resolving issues
* Provide process, feature, and workflow information to the project and support teams for proper documentation of these; this includes changes to the system, updates, and new features
* Create and maintain report library and build custom reports as necessary for business groups
* Maintain business rules for data entry, workflow progression and regulatory compliance as requested by each business group
* Participate in software releases and patches for business systems including testing and distribution of software updates, release notes and training materials and rollout communications to business and other IT teams
* Collaborate with third-party resources, vendors and other IT teams in support of projects and operations around business systems
* Drive process improvement through tools and process
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Strong in design principles and modular programming techniques
* Must be a full stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering
* Up-to-date on key development trends and methodologies
* Experience working within an agile software development environment.
* Understanding of Database design and tools
* Technical experience with enterprise software platforms required. Direct experience with Encompass, Empower, MS Dynamics, Optimal Blue preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively with non-technical business leaders and teams when necessary
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
* Strong sense of logical operations as pertaining to business logic
* Mortgage experience is a plus
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields