Software Developer Job ID: 2018-19652
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
The Application Automation Software Engineer is a key member of the Service Delivery Application Automation Engineering team. This role contributes to the SD Engineering team that works to improve the overall quality and speed of delivery of IT services to the AUSA Business by creating platforms and frameworks that allow for rapid feature deployment, as well as, continuous improvement of existing services through reduction in manual and sub-optimal process via automation and autonomous recovery process engineering. These efforts are done through the creation of custom code, implementation and customization of open-source projects and use of OTS and COTS products.
Additionally, the engineer develops a set of reusable, service-oriented automation Services and supporting tools for use by all Production teams throughout IT, Billing & Collections, and CCIS.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of technical experience in software development. At least 2 years in full-stack programming
* Must have a minimum of 2 year of experience C# .Net development.
* Must have a minimum of 2 year of experience in Web development.
* Proficiency in modular and dynamic programming constructs is a must.
* Experience in at least one of below focus areas:
* Middle Tier : C#, hosting ReST or SOAP API's, Linq, multi-threaded programming, encryption
* Automation: Python, PowerShell
* Experience with SNOW SaaS platform is a plus
* Must be experienced with all phases of software cycle including code development, unit testing, functional testing, code review, quality acceptance testing/user acceptance testing, deployment and post release support
* Technical problem solver able to identify multiple parallel options for solving a given business problem.
* Possesses a process mindset.
* Knowledge and experience with Agile project delivery concepts and tools (Lean/Scrum/Kanban, Jira)
* Understanding of traditional SDLC and Waterfall project management concepts
* Must be able to work collaboratively as part of team and remain accountable for individual deliverables
* ITIL knowledge & experience an ITIL based ticketing system such as ServiceNow
* Occasional off-hours availability, as needed, to support on-call resources and MI responsibilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
About Altice Usa
Altice USA is a national telecommunication, media and entertainment company.