Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Description - CMTS
10550.Software Developer 5.PRODEV.SWENG.IC5
Golden Gate Database Replication Services
Oracle's GoldenGate is the number one software for real-time database replication in both cloud and on-premise environments. We are a team that fully understands the need for 24x7 availability of fresh mission-critical data and our goal is simple: offer low-impact real-time synchronization and data transformation between stores with no administrative overhead.
The GoldenGate product development team is seeking tenured systems engineers and service leads who have proven track record in architecting and implementing cloud-native services. As part of the team you will Build, Launch, and Operate Oracle's next-generation Database Replication service in the Cloud.
To succeed we need experts with prior experience in Public Cloud Infrastructure, Micro Service Architectures, Containerization/Orchestration using Docker/Kubernetes, Distributed Systems, Telemetry, Continuous Delivery, and Site Reliability.
The following skills and education is required to be effective in this job.
* MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
* 10 years building enterprise products on Unix/Linux platforms
* 2 years building and operating services in OCI, AWS, Azure, or GCP
* 2 years designing and implementing Microservice Applications using Docker, Kubernetes, and Service Mesh platforms like Envoy and Istio
* Deep expertise where Resiliency, Failure Prevention, Circuit Breaking, Load Balancing, TLS termination, and other essential aspects of Microservice architectures was built into code/system
* Expertise in designing/implementing REST APIs and use of Swagger
* Very good understanding of Relational and Distributed Systems
* Expertise in one or more of these programming languages - C, C , Java, and Python
* Expertise in test-driven development, profiling tools, Git and CI/CD tools - Bit Bucket, Team City, Jenkins, etc.
* Expertise in one or more configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
* Willingness to be on PagerDuty schedule as required
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the engineering team, you will perform all standard tasks associated with designing, implementing, testing, debugging, launching, and operating a cloud-native service. Expected deliverable is test-driven, clean, maintainable, well tested code without accumulating technical debt.
You will design, review, critic, and own major components of our service architecture. In addition to getting your own code reviewed, you will participate extensively in reviewing code of peers and ensure submitted code has sufficient test coverage from both unit and integration standpoint.
With your deep expertise in Microservice architectures, you will wield significant influence on the overall Service goals. You will mentor new members, provide technical leadership and foster collaboration. Last but not the least, you will be empathetic to customers, peers, and other stakeholders in the group with singular focus of building a world-class Data Replication cloud service.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.