Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Global Product Security Ethical Hacking Team is responsible for performing in depth security assessments across Oracle's entire product and service portfolio.
Over the years, the EHT has built a suite of pioneering security tools, internally used for vulnerability triaging, identification and exploitation. It's now time to take these to the next level and get them into the hands of the whole company.
You will be working closely with our security and software engineers spread across Oracle worldwide; your mission is to improve existing security tools and security services, and make them available to the entirety of Oracle. You will interact with high visibility roles across the organisation, and be responsible for creating efficient and effective tools that will become the security pillars for the rest of the company.
You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment. Your contribution will add vital pieces to the foundations on top of which Oracle constantly improves security for users and clients.
If this is you; at Oracle you can help design and build innovative tools that will have a significant technical and business impact.
Role's core responsibilities:
* Develop and enhance our existing security tools; providing support to, and bug fixing and implement enhancement requests for users of the security tools
* Facilitate the adoption of tools to the rest of Oracle, with an initial focus on development environments of the most likely internal adopters, such as the Database, MySQL, Oracle Cloud, Java and Oracle Fusion
* Produce documentation, presentations and other supporting material
* Generate management reports on tools usage, including the opportunity of highlighting success cases and creating ROI metrics
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
7 years of experience in software/security engineering
* Experience in developing with Java, especially its multi-threads framework (java.util.concurrent)
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is preferred
* Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
* Familiarity with OWASP Top 10, security vulnerability handling and working with security researchers
* Strong application/product/software security background
* Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff
* Excellent organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals
* Prior DevOps or continuous delivery and deployment experience preferred
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.