Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud PSR Engineering team is an elite engineering team specifically focused on the Performance, Scalability, and Reliability (PSR) aspects of the Oracle Public Cloud. Our goal is to achieve highest levels of performance, scalability, reliability, high-availability and serviceability of Oracle Public Cloud.
The team has following responsibilities:
* Large data center efficiency analysis.
* Investigation and resolution of very complicated and challenging Cloud PSR issues.
* Oracle Fusion Application KPI specification, benchmarking, testing, and product profiling.
* Work with different dev teams, QA teams, and Operation teams.
* Env monitoring and tracing, hardware resource usage and performance root issue analysis.
* Tools development.
* Product sizing.
* Customer escalations.
* MS or BS in Engineering or computer Science
* 7 years of Java based software engineering or related experience.
* Experience with Linux/Unix operating system.
* Experience with Oracle RDBMS.
* Experience with Oracle Weblogic Application server.
* Excellent analysis, problem troubleshooting and solving skills.
* Self-motivated to take initiative in solving difficult problems.
* Good verbal and written English communication skills.
* Experience with Oracle ESS/SOA application a big plus.
* Experience of large cloud system analysis a big plus.
* Experience with Cloud Infrastructure like compute, storage, networking, etc a plus.
* Experience with ML/AI a plus.
* Analysis and identification of performance bottleneck in complicated cloud env.
* Python and Linux scripting.
* Experience of using standard tools, like MAT, JProfiler, JDeveloper, etc, to investigate application and application server performance issues, and Database CPU, Memory, Response Time and Network bottlenecks.
* Hardware performance.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.