* Participates in the software system life cycle, including coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software. Completes system development from technical specifications provided.
* Receives trouble calls; diagnoses and troubleshoots simple problems with existing applications, software and data.
* Participates in the analysis, design, and construction of application and business reports.
* Assists in component design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation.
* Makes suggestions toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
* Uses assigned methodologies to implement and support software.
* Documents software components and applications. Creates user documentation.
* Assists other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer needs and objectives.
* Participates in system tuning, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance and support of the production environment.
* Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process.
* Resolves customer complaints with products and responds to suggestions for improvement and enhancements.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
* Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred
* 6+ years progressive software development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. EEO Statement: Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
SGK (also known as SGK Brand Solutions), formerly Schawk)is a leading global brand development, activation, and deployment company.