Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
OMC/Responsys organization is hiring!
Be part of a dynamic platform team that builds and maintains the foundation on which Oracle Responsys SaaS applications run. This team works on a broad range of technologies from databases to message queues and is responsible for building a highly automated and dockerized cloud platform.
Define, design, and build major functions of the next generation of the Oracle Responsys middleware platform with production quality. The platform is a complex distributed heterogeneous environment with high throughput, availability, data movement, and scalability requirements.
The ideal candidate must have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing, and large-scale system design. Our success requires us to process over a billion transactions a day. We are seeking software engineers who can handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding its functionality to further the lead that Oracle Responsys has over the competition.
* Design and implement new middleware platform features and enhancements with production-level quality
* Work with architects to design features and participate in design decisions
* Work with the entire organization to deliver high quality product code on time
* Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor code as needed to meet the needs of the evolving platform
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science or other relevant technical degree
* Minimum 10 years of experience
* Experience in application middleware development using server-side Java in context of relational databases
* Excellent object oriented programming, unit testing, debugging and code organization skills
* Adept at leveraging the right data structures and algorithms
* Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
* Deep experience with highly concurrent programming and caching
* Extensive experience with Java's threading model, the executor framework and locking patterns for highly concurrent programs
* Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to platform layer design, development and infrastructure
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Have a great attitude and be a team player
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.