Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Building globalized cloud applications that service a diverse world population with vastly different cultural and linguistic conventions has become a key factor to creating a strategic advantage in today's dynamic global economy. Oracle is the industry leader in delivering the most comprehensive and reliable globalization support for the cloud computing architecture. Database Globalization team is the central provider of globalization infrastructure and expertise for the Oracle Database product family and the latest cutting-edge database features. We work with the entire Oracle technology stack and offer the tools and solutions for developing globalized next-generation database products and applications in the cloud or on premises.
Development on leading globalization technology for NLSRTL as Oracle NLS foundation in C, GDK for Java, and RDBMS NLS features such as Unicode support and character set migration. Will work closely with product managers to transfer the customers' requirement into new feature, going through full release cycle in design, coding, testing, and documentation. Will work closely with QA teams and performance teams to improve the globalization quality. Will work closely with base teams to ensure proper globalization of various features, design/implement new globalization features, and promote standard globalization practices. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. A minimum of seven years of software engineering or related industry experience is required.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
* Linux, Solaris, and Windows programming experience
* Experience with Oracle RDBMS API's including SQL, OCI, JDBC, ODBC, PL/SQL etc. or equivalent RDBMS products
* Working knowledge of web application development using J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON, HTTP, HTML5, CSS, XML, etc.
* Internationalization software development experience a plus
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Some project management background and matrix management skills
* Secondary language skills a plus
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.