Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Looking for a mid to senior level engineer to work on Oracle Database analytics cloud service. Oracle Database analytics cloud service is built on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and is integrated with other Oracle Cloud services. Oracle Database analytics service collects data from Oracle Autonomous Databases and and analyzes this data in near realtime to find patterns and insights. These patterns and insights are utilized for forecasting utilization of resources and for proactively identifying issues and preventing outages.
This team works in continuous integration continuous development model using agile methodologies and tools. Members of this team are expected to rapidly learn new technologies, understand complex code and have excellent troubleshooting skills. Being a cloud service, engineers in team are expected to have diagnostics and troubleshooting skills. Day to day activities include working on deliverables; participate in agile process, interaction with product managers, dev-ops team.
* An advanced degree and/or equivalent work experience
* At least 3 years of development experience, experience in SaaS environment is a plus
* Core Java development experience
* Implementation of REST APIs
* Work experience in JSON, JSON schema, Java API for JSON, XML, XML Schemas.
* Working knowledge GIT, Gradle, Maven, ant, make
* Working knowledge of basic machine learning
* Working knowledge of statistical tools, data analytics
* Good experience with continuous integration, continuous development processes
* Excellent communication skills
* Great analytical skills.
* Working experience with geographically distributed team
* Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana
* Data warehouse skills
* Devops experience
* Agile development process
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.