Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Design and implement new Java Virtual Machine features, working with the OpenJDK community as appropriate
* Design support for new Java language features in the Java virtual machine (JVM)
* Advance the state of the art in multi-threaded JVM programming.
* Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to review designs and ensure optimal JVM execution and performance
* Work with software quality engineers to develop new JVM automated tests
* Ensure timely software releases by improving efficiency, productivity and consistency through excellent software development practices
* A strong technical background as well as good verbal and written communication skills
* Previous experience in Java Virtual Machine runtime environments
* Experience with designing support for Java language feature enhancements in a Java VM environment
* Motivated and results oriented individual who is highly technical and has hands on coding ability
* Experience with designing synchronization features for JVM environments
* Knowledge of application development on various operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOS, etc)
* Exceptional Java and C programming background and experience
* Ability to thrive and grow in a fast paced team environment
* Ability to design, implement, and collaborate with a geographically distributed engineering team
* Great teamwork skills
* A background in operating systems or compilers and languages preferred
* MS or Ph.D in Computer Science preferred
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.