Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software Engineer 3
Business Intelligence (BI) is one of the fastest growing segments of the software industry. Business Intelligence Tools allow analytics and executives to get the information they need to make critical strategic decisions in a fast-paced rapidly changing business world. Our customers are typically users who are unfamiliar with database schema and technology, so we focus on building Next generation Self-Service Data Discovery and Analytics platform. This team provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
As a developer in the Oracle Analytics Cloud team, you will have an opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. You will need deep experience with distributed systems, proficiency with solving real-world challenges in large data systems, a strong understanding of how to build solutions that are resilient, highly available, scalable and a proven ability to design, develop, and deliver back-end systems.
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 5 years of applied experience
* Strong programming skills in Java/Scala/Python
* Create RESTful web services using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA
* Be a champion for CI/CD and development best practices, especially around automation and testing
* Experience building high-performance, resilient, scalable and well-engineered systems
* A creative and growth mindset and willingness to solve challenging problems and learn new skills on the job
* Good communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate engineering designs
* Experience with agile software development
* Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark and/or other distributed systems
* Familiarity with Big Data Analytics
* Familiarity with SQL
* Familiarity with ETL tools
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.