Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world's largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world's most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
As a Software Developer, you will be critical to our success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and operation of some of our next generation security products. An adept expert with a variety of operating systems, you take a development approach to managing, securing and orchestrating our services offered in the cloud.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will focus on the frontend development of our application initially while leveraging their experience on backend development. He or she will also spend time learning our technology stack, correcting defects and designing features for our future projects.
* Working knowledge of Spring Boot, Git or local file based configuration server and JSON
* Understanding of queues and databases (SQL/NoSQL). We use Maria DB, MySQL and Vertica DB
* SSO (Authentication and authorization)
* Testing - (Unit/API/end to end)
* A quick learner that will assimilate Trend Micro's (Tippingpoint) domain quickly
* Understanding of what it takes to merge code into a continuous integration environment is required
* Strong customer focus with the ability to provide service to all levels of the organization
* Bachelor of Science degree in related discipline, advanced degree desiredAn open and collaborative mindset suited to a high performing team
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
* A customer-driven perspective
* Ability to work successfully in a team
* 'Own it' mentality - Be able to take ownership of a task from inception to completion
* Some micro services development experience
* Ability to perform in a fluid and fast paced environment
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.